Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), CARES Act
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) provides emergency financial assistance to eligible students who have experienced financial hardship due to the disruption of campus operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students currently enrolled and matriculated in Fall 2020 and who meet federal financial aid requirements are able to receive funding. UB must have your 2020-2021 FAFSA on file to confirm your eligibility. The deadline to submit the HEERF application is December 7, 2020 – no late applications can be accepted. HEERF was established as part of the U.S. federal government’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Funds may be limited in number and size due to funding constraints.
We recommend that you set up direct deposit with the university to expedite delivery of any approved HEERF grant. For more information on direct deposit please visit: https://www.buffalo.edu/studentaccounts/refunds/refund-direct-deposit.html
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF), CARES Act
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide a brief and specific description detailing why you are requesting Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) CARES Act funds and how COVID-19 has led to unexpected expenses requiring emergency funds.
- Check all of the appropriate unexpected expenses you require emergency funding for.
- Provide an amount of how much you are requesting in emergency funding for the eligible expenses you selected in the above list.
- If the total amount you are requesting is for multiple expenses, please itemize the cost of each expense.
- Please provide documentation to support eligible expenses you selected in the above list and can substantiate the amount you are requesting in this funding. *Only one file can be submitted with your application - please make sure all documents are saved in one file before uploading and submitting your application.*
- Previous Emergency Funds Requested
- Please indicate the source that you requested or received funding from. If you did not request / receive funding from another source, please N/A.
- Have you received, or are you applying to, any other program for emergency funding?
- Please indicate the amount that you received in emergency funding. If you did not receive any funding, please indicate 0.00.
- Please indicate the amount that you requested in emergency funding. If you did not request any funding, please indicate 0.00.
- I certify that I have or will incur allowable expenses of food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, childcare, and/or transportation as a result of the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. I understand it is my responsibility to notify the Financial Aid office immediately if I will not incur expenses that meet or exceed the amount of my award.
Please enter your full name as a digital signature to confirm you agree:
- Show 2 more