Alison L. Des Forges Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2012 in honor of Alison L. Des Forges. Must be a graduate of the Buffalo Public or Charter Schools newly admitted to UB as a first-time, full-time freshman. Must have strong academic credentials and a commitment to human rights and social justice. Must complete the FAFSA since preference will be given to students with financial need. Renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study. Finalists will be interviewed.
Applications are currently being accepted for the Fall 2023 incoming freshman class.
For more information, please visit the FAQ’s – Alison L. Des Forges Memorial Committee.
- Dr. Alison L. Des Forges
- Financial Aid Office, Financial Need
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a personal statement of 500-800 words demonstrating your awareness of the life and work of Alison L. Des Forges; your intent to pursue courses, activities and a career in human rights and social justice; and an explanation of how this award would make a difference in your life and in the lives of others.
- Please upload your high school transcript that reflects your current GPA.
- Please upload your SAT/ACT scores, if applicable.
- Please list your current extracurricular activities. Describe your involvement and any positions held.
- Reference Request - Teacher, Alison L. Des Forges Scholarship
- Reference Request - Coach, Mentor, Unrelated Adult, Alison L. Des Forges Scholarship
- Show 1 more