Charles A. Bauda, MD '42 and Philomena Bauda
The late Charles A. and Philomena Bauda established numerous student support funds in the Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering and Nursing. Charles Buada recevied his degree in medicine from UB in 1942 and Philomena earned earned a nursing certificate from UB in 1939. Dr. Bauda opened his practice in 1944 on Niagara Street in Buffalo, was a family physician affiliated with the Sisters of Charity Hospital. He and Philomena later retired to Florida. Dr. Bauda was one of 12 siblings and several of these funds bear the name of his brothers and sisters.